4. You will receive an original illustration of the Three Investigators hand-drawn by Three Investigators fan fiction author/artist Mark Zahn!
SECOND AND THIRD PLACE WINNERS:
Each will receive one of the seven original illustrations hand-drawn by Martha Schwartz for "The Curse of the Mysterious Traveler".
1. Push the ENTER button next to the photo of the Jones Salvage Yard fence - this will bring up an e-mail form.
2. IMPORTANT: You must write "Contest" or something very similar in the e-mail subject header.
3. Within the e-mail please include your name and your DETAILED description of the new Secret Entrance. We will also need a viable e-mail address where we can contact you after the contest closes (only if it's not the address you are using to send your entry).
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. Contest ends Friday September 19th, 2003 at the stroke of midnight Central Time USA and the winners will be announced and contacted the weekend of September 27 & 28, 2003.
2. As far as we're concerned, anyone anywhere in the world may enter and prizes will be sent free of charge to the winners. This contest is void where prohibited.
3. ONE entry per person per e-mail address and/or residential address. Please do not send multiple entries or enter all of your friends or family members, these e-mails will be disqualified.
4. The sponsors assume no responsibility for lost, misdirected, illegible (English, please) or late entries or for failed computer transmissions or technical failures.
5. A panel will judge the entries and a final decision will be made by Mark Zahn.
6. The winner of the Grand Prize agrees to let Mark Zahn use his/her idea for a new Secret Entrance to the Jones Salvage Yard, or any variation of said idea, in exchange for the prizes awarded.
6. Your e-mail address will NOT be used or sold for mailing lists or any other purpose except to contact you.
7. Employees of www.threeinvestigatorsbooks.com (that would be just Seth), and of any participating sponsor (Mark Zahn and Martha Schwartz) and their immediate family members, are not eligible.
8. We wish you all Good Luck!
A Three Investigators Fan Contest
- fan-fiction author/artist Mark Zahn
- fan-fiction illustrator Martha Schwartz
Welcome Three Investigators fans! Last year's "How Many Beans" contest was so successful that we've decided to have another contest this year. Before, just like Jupiter in "The Secret of Terror Castle", you may have employed your mathematic prowess to derive the number of beans held in the jar. Things aren't quite so simple this time around and the rewards are greater! No, this is a real skull-buster, now we ask that you utilize both halves of your brain and display your creative ingenuity.
Jupiter, always thinking to the future, has decided that it is time to design and name a new secret entrance into the Jones Salvage Yard. After all, one never knows when Green Gate One, Red Gate Rover, or Blue Gate Two may be discovered by Aunt Mathilda and become obsolete. This is where YOU, the honorary Fourth Investigator, come in!
In an e-mail, describe in as much detail as possible the location of the new secret entrance, it's name, and how it works. Qualified entries will be judged by a small panel on the ingenuity of the mechanism or device used to work the gate and the creativity of it's name. There will be one Grand Prize winner and two Honorable mentions with awards.